BIS 220 Week 1-5 ALL Study Guides
This comprehensive tutorial includes week 1-5:
Select two of the following acts to research:
- Do Not Call Implementation Act, 2003
- Controlling the Assault of Non-solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, 2003
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), 2002
- Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act (US Patriot Act), 2001, renewed 2006
- Children’s Internet Protection Act, 2000
- Financial Services Modernization Act, 1999
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), 1998
- No Electronic Theft (NET) Act, 1997
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), 1996
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), 1991
- Video Privacy Protection Act, 1988
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, 1986
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 1986
- The Cable Communications Policy Act, 1984
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act, 1978
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 1974
- Fair Credit Reporting Act, 1970
Prepare a 350- to 1,050-word paper that answers the following question:
- What were the advances in information technology that resulted in new ethical issues necessitating the creation of each act?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
433 words with three references
Scenario: Imagine that you and a business partner are considering starting a small, brick & mortar, nostalgic record store. Your friend does not have much experience with information systems or technology, and needs a basic understanding of the different types of information systems available to businesses.
Write a proposal of the types of information systems that would work well for your chosen business, and their benefits and drawbacks. The summary must outline five types of information systems. See Table 2.2 in Introduction to Information Systems.
Include the following in your summary using the features of Microsoft® Word:
- A table of contents
- A table
- A minimum of two styles
- An image
Either a bulleted or numbered list
593 words – GRADED 100% – A+++ WORK!!!
Scenario: Imagine you are an employee of Party Plates, a company that manufactures decorative paper plates and napkins for special events. Your team has been assigned a new project. The president of your company has tasked you with improving the efficiency of the current information systems used in the sales department, because the current systems are somewhat antiquated. Your organization is currently using Microsoft® Excel® to track all personnel data, but would like to migrate to a relational database like Microsoft® Access®. You have also been tasked with identifying potential collaborative software that may improve internal communications and help streamline some of the work processes for the sales department.
Prepare a 350- to 700-word proposal addressing the potential implementation of new information systems in your organization.
Explain the usefulness of converting data currently held in Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheets into a relational database using Microsoft® Access®.
Describe the benefits of using Microsoft® Access® in the work environment.
Include suggestions for the future use of collaborative software and how it can help the sales department improve communications and streamline work processes.
Format your proposal consistent with APA guidelines
491 words – GRADED 100% – A+++ WORK!!!
This tutorial includes all references, is in correct APA format, and was graded 100% by an instructor. A+++ WORK
Resources: Ch. 1 & 2 for Excel® in Microsoft® Office 2010.
- You’ve been asked to compare the features of the iPhone vs. the Blackberry or another phone of your choice. This phone will be used for the sales force so features such as a larger display and ease of use are some that may be important. Add another feature of your choice to compare.
- Create a spreadsheet that compares the two phones features side by side.
Include the following in your spreadsheet using the features of Microsoft® Excel®:
- Use the multiplication function to multiply your assessment of each feature by an assigned weight.
- Sum the totals of each product.
- Graph the results.
Scenario: The president of Party Plates has requested a new proposal from your team. She would like information on wireless technologies and how they might be used in your organization.
Write a 350- to 700-word proposal discussing wireless technologies.
Include the following in your proposal:
- Your recommendation of at least two wireless technologies that would be beneficial to implement in the Party Plates organization
- The pros and cons for incorporating these two wireless technologies in your organization
- A justification for the decision, and the risks of using wireless technologies in your department
Format your proposal consistent with APA guidelines.
Submit your proposal and spreadsheet as instructed by the facilitator.
Scenario: Imagine that you have been hired as a consultant for a university that wants to leverage social media and networking technologies to encourage the collaboration of students, and improve their overall sense of community.
Analyze how the university might integrate at least two social media and networking technologies to accomplish their goals. Your analysis must cover the advantages and disadvantages of social networking. The president of the university also needs to know what the system development life cycle is, and how you intend on bringing social networking tools to life within this cycle.
Translate the critical details of your proposal into a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that you will present to the university president.
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION WITH 10 SLIDES, 4 REFERENCES, VIDEO LINKS, IMAGES — A+++ WORK
Include the following in your presentation using the features of Microsoft® PowerPoint®:
- A slide template
- Slide layouts
- At least one example of animation
- At least one example of a media object
Related Study Guides
[Full Course + Final Exam Bundle] BIS 220 Weeks 1-5 Complete Course with Final Exam
[Full Course + Final Exam Bundle] BIS 220 Weeks 1-5 Complete Course with Final Exam BIS ...read more
BIS 220 Week 3 Team Study Guide Efficiency and Collaboration Proposal
BIS 220 Week 3 Team Study Guide Efficiency and Collaboration Proposal Scenario: Imagine you are an employee ...read more
BIS 220 Week 1 Individual Study Guide Information Technology Acts Paper
BIS 220 Week 1 Individual Study Guide Information Technology Acts Paper This tutorial includes all references, ...read more
BIS 220 Week 4 Individual Study Guide Product Assessment Matrix
BIS 220 Week 4 Individual Study Guide Product Assessment Matrix This tutorial includes all references, is ...read more