LAW 421 Final Exam Guide
Study Unit: LAW 421
University of Phoenix Final Exam Guide with Answers
TUTORIAL: Includes study guide with answers for final exam.
Sample exam questions:
1. Precedent evolves from
2. Once stare decisis and case precedent is established,
3. In the cases of Heart of Atlanta Motel v. U.S. and Katzenbach v. McClung, the Supreme Court found illegal discrimination under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by applying
4. In Cavel International, Inc. v. Madigan, when Illinois passed the statute barring the slaughter of horses primarily for human consumption, Cavel presented each of the following arguments EXCEPT
5. When the American Arbitration Association receives an application for appointment of an arbitrator, it
6. Which of these is not a prominent group that administers arbitrations?
7. Which of the following is not true of strict liability?
8. The highest and most comprehensive duty owed by a landowner to a person on their property is to a/an
9. A design patent will last for
10. Which of the following would generally not be patentable?
11. Mike has written a novel.
12. Which of the following is not an example of a trademark lost, or in danger of losing protection, due to its becoming a generic term?
13. Mike is walking through a parking lot and finds Kathy lying unconscious. He puts her in his car and takes her to the hospital. The hospital saves her life and, when she becomes conscious, they present her with a bill.
14. Jonathan’s Soccer Mart (JSM) advertises a pair of boots on sale. The normal price is $150.00 and the sale price should have read $135.00 but the advertisement says $15.00. Josh walks into the store, picks up a pair of the boots, and puts $15.00 on the counter demanding to purchase the boots at the advertised price. Which of the following is correct?
15. Young has just fired Kathy who was her agent. Young places an ad in the classified section of the various local newspapers stating that, “Kathy no longer works for or represents Young in any way”. Young would place this ad
16. Which of the following will not allow for an anticipatory repudiation to occur?
17. In which of the following scenarios would enforcement of specific performance be appropriate?
18. Oscar is speeding and driving inattentively when he runs into Felix who is driving very cautiously. As a result of the accident, Felix’s car needs $2,500 worth of repairs and Felix loses a week’s salary because he had to take off from work to recover from injuries sustained during the crash.
19. UCC rules regarding acceptance of goods and payment regarding installment contracts mandate that
20. If Continental Tires agreed to purchase all of the rubber that a particular Brazilian rubber plantation could produce, this would be
21. Which of the following is not true regarding a firm offer?
22. If a party has been delivered nonconforming goods and has rejected them, if they are forced to cover in order to maintain business operations, they may sue the seller for
23. A manufacturer of cars advertises that the windshield is shatterproof and would not break even when hit with a strong impact. While an owner was driving home one day, a small rock hit the windshield and the windshield broke, cutting the driver. What type of warranty was breached?
24. The source of warranty law is
25. That corporations have a social responsibility and that profitability should be secondary reflects
26. Harry seeks to implement a policy of enhanced values management in his office. Which of the following is not a direct outcome of values management in the workplace that Harry can directly expect?
27. Brenda is the CEO of a large corporation. While presenting a proposal to a commercial bank for a corporate loan, she offers the bank’s commercial loan manager a $10,000 “gift” for favorable treatment.
28. In U.S. v. LaGrou Distribution Systems, the defendant company suffered from an extremely serious rat infestation. Stewart, the president of LaGrou defended saying he had no specific knowledge of meat contamination, so he was not culpable.
29. Under Sarbanes-Oxley, requiring the payback of corporate bonuses that were awarded and later found to be based on false disclosures is called a __________ provision.
30. With regard to financial reporting and corporate governance, which of the following is not required of public companies under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
Related Study Guides
FIN 571 Final Exam Questions
FINAL EXAM QUESTIONS FIN 571 1) Occurs when inaccurate information can falsely exist. A. free-rider problem B. ...read more
FIN 571 FINAL EXAM
FIN 571 FINAL EXAM Final Exam Fin 571 1) Which of the following statements is true? A. ...read more
ACC 491 Final Exam Study Guide
ACC 491 Final Exam Study Guide 1) An accrued expense can best be described as an ...read more
ACC 561 Final Exam Study Guide Managerial Accounting 80 Question Database
ACC 561 Final Exam Study Guide Managerial Accounting 80 Question Database 1. A major element in budgetary control ...read more