QRB 501 Week 1 Quiz Study Guide
QRB 501 Week 1 Quiz Study Guide
1. Solve for the unknown in the equation.
7A = 42
2. Solve for x. Remember to perform a check.
3. Solve for the unknown in the equation.
X – 20 = 37
4. Solve for the unknown in the equation.
3x – 1 = 8
5. Solve for the unknown in the equation.
K + 3 = 6
6. Solve for the unknown in the equation.
6K – 3K = 6
7. Solve for the unknown in the equation.
4(X-5) = 16
8. Manny plans to save of his salary each week. If his weekly salary is $ 444, find the amount he will save each week.
9. A man ordered 3 times as many boxes of ballpoint pens as boxes of felt – tip pens. Ballpoint pens cost $4.36 per box, and felt- tip pens cost $3.45. If the man’s order of pens totaled $66.12, how many boxes of each type of pen did he buy?
10. A man’s stock earned $151,000,000. If these earning represent $1.12 per share , how many share of stock are there ?
11. A recipe uses 5 cups of flour to 1cups of milk. If you have 2 cups of flour, how much milk should you use?
12. If 1,000 US Dollars is equivalent to 0.1273 Chinese Yuan, convert $17,000 to Yuan.
13. A company purchased 10,000 pairs of man’s slacks for $19.96 per pair and marked them up $00.93. What was the selling price of each pair of slacks? Use the formula S = C + M.
14. Ron borrowed $20,000 to start up his consulting business. The loan had a simple interest rate of 5.9% for 4 years. Use the formula I = prt to find the amount of interest he will pay on the loan.
15. Elain purchased a new copy machine and financed it for one year. The installment price was $ 3912.25 and the cash price was $3635. Find the amount of finance charge using the formula Finance charge = Installment price –Cash price.
16. Write the decimal as a percent. 0.33
17. Write the decimal as a percent. 2.91
18. Data collected from those who reported their credit card debt showed that the lowest average Annual percentage rate (APR) on its credits was 0.049. Represent this as a percent.
19. According to one study, an average payout for slots machines is 83 cents on each dollar. What is the present return on every dollar spent in playing slots?
20. Identify the rate , base and portion. 54% of 21 is what number? Which values are given?
21. Identify the rate , base and portion. 28% of what number is 64? Which values are given?
22. Use the appropriate form of the percentage formula. Find P if R = 43% and B = 400.
23. Use the appropriate form of the percentage formula. Find B if P = 105 and R = 77 %.
24. Use the appropriate form of the percentage formula. 40% of 50 is what number?
25. At some department store, all suits are reduced 10% from the retail price. If a man purchased a suit that originally retailed for 257.90, how much did he save?
26. An ice cream trucks its daily route with 78 gallons of ice cream. The truck driver sold 63% of the ice cream. How many gallons of ice cream were sold?
27. A number of increased from 5,645 to 7,802. Find the amount of increase.
28. If 780 is decreased by 60%, what is the new amount?
29. A worker is getting a 3% raise. His current salary is $ 42,008. How much will his raise be?
30. A store had 896 swimsuits that were marked to sell at $48.99. Each suit was marked down $ 15.95. Find the reduced price using the formula M = S – N, where M is the markdown, S is the original selling price, and N is the reduced price.
Related Study Guides
QRB 501 Week 2 Quiz Study Guide
QRB 501 Week 2 Quiz Study Guide QRB 501 Week 2 Quiz Study Guide 1. Find the trade ...read more
QRB 501 Week 1 Excel Tutorials
QRB 501 Week 1 Excel Tutorials QRB 501 Week 1 Excel Tutorials This study guide includes opening ...read more
[FINAL EXAM] QRB 501 Final Exam Study Guide
This final exam study guide includes questions, answers, and explanations for 79 example QRB 501 ...read more
QRB 501 Week 5 Practice Quiz Study Guide
QRB 501 Week 5 Practice Quiz Study Guide QRB 501 Week 5 Practice Quiz Study Guide 1. ...read more