University of Phoenix SCI 275 Environmental Science Study Guides
This course focuses on the causes of, impacts of, and solutions to environmental issues. Students identify global environmental issues as well as develop and critique environmental action plans. Topics include ecosystems, energy, populations, resources, pollution, and sustainability.
Environmental Issues and Sustainability
- Define environmental sustainability.
- Describe the history of environmental regulations in the United States.
- Relate a current environmental problem with possible causes.
Politics and Environmental Risk
- Compare and contrast environmental conservation and preservation efforts.
- Explain how risk assessment could be applied in a given circumstance.
- Discuss the flow of energy in ecosystems.
- Describe living and nonliving components of a biome.
- Apply the concepts of natural selection and succession to a changing ecosystem.
Human Population and the Environment
- Explain the factors that produce changes in population size.
- Identify the environmental benefits and challenges of urbanization.
- Summarize the causes and effects of an atmospheric issue.
- Discuss a key challenge to controlling air emissions.
- Discuss impacts of and solutions for indoor air pollution.
Water Resource Issues
- Identify the impact of human activities on a water resource.
- Formulate a sustainable plan to manage a water resource.
Terrestrial Resource Issues
- Describe challenges associated with managing a terrestrial resource.
- Formulate a sustainable plan to manage a terrestrial resource.
- Describe challenges associated with energy resource management.
- Formulate a plan for energy conservation education.
Core Concepts Application
- Rationalize a sustainable plan for addressing an environmental issue.
- Evaluate mitigation strategies and solutions to an environmental problem.
Related Study Guides
SCI 275 Week 4 Discussion Questions
SCI 275 Week 4 Discussion Questions DQ1 View the Ch. 7 “Alien Invasion” Environmental Science video located ...read more
SCI 275 Week 2 Check Point Conservation and Preservation
SCI 275 Week 2 Check Point Conservation and Preservation checkpoint: conservation and preservation both conservation and preservation ...read more
SCI 275 Week 1 Discussion Questions
SCI 275 Week 1 Discussion Questions DQ1 What Is Environmental Sustainability? What are three things that you ...read more
SCI 275 Week 2 Assignment Risk Assessment - West Nile Virus - Malathion
SCI 275 Week 2 Assignment Risk Assessment - West Nile Virus - Malathion This study guide includes ...read more