Study Unit: QNT 351
University of Phoenix Final Exam Guide with Answers
TUTORIAL: Includes study guide with answers for final exam.
Sample exam questions:
1. When TV advertisements report, “2 out of 3 dentists surveyed indicated they would recommend Brand X toothpaste to their patients,” an informed consumer may question the conclusion because
2. A marketing class of 50 students evaluated the instructor using the following scale: superior, good, average, poor, and inferior. The descriptive summary showed the following survey results: 2% superior, 8% good, 45% average, 45% poor, and 0% inferior.
3. Which of the following is an example of a continuous variable?
4. What type of variable is the number of gallons of gasoline pumped by a filling station during a day?
5. What level of measurement is the price of an admission ticket to a movie theater?
6. What level of measurement is a bar code?
7. When data is collected using a quantitative, ratio variable, what is true about a frequency distribution that summarizes the data?
8. When data is collected using a qualitative, nominal variable, what is true about a frequency distribution that summarizes the data?
9. Refer to the following breakdown of responses to a survey of room cleanliness in a hotel:
What percent of the responses indicated that customers were satisfied?
10. What is the relationship among the mean, median, and mode in a symmetric distribution?
11. For a data set, half of the observations are always greater than the
12. What statistics are needed to draw a box plot?
14. In a contingency table, we describe the relationship between
15. A firm offers routine physical examinations as part of a health service program for its employees. The exams showed that 8% of the employees needed corrective shoes, 15% needed major dental work, and 3% needed both corrective shoes and major dental work. What is the probability that an employee selected at random will need either corrective shoes or major dental work?
16. A survey of top executives revealed that 35% of them regularly read Time magazine, 20% read Newsweek and 40% read U.S. News & World Report. Ten percent read both Time and U.S. News & World Report. What is the probability that a particular top executive reads either Time or U.S. News & World Report regularly?
17. The upper and lower limits of a uniform probability distribution are
18. What is an important similarity between the uniform and normal probability distributions?
19. What is a normal distribution with a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1 called?
20. What is the area under the normal curve between z = 0.0 and z = 1.79?
21. What is the area under the normal curve between z = 0.0 and z = 2.0?
22. A machine is set to fill the small size packages of M&M’s® candies with 56 candies per bag. A sample revealed 3 bags of 56, 2 bags of 57, 1 bag of 55, and 2 bags of 58. How many degrees of freedom are there?
23. What is the critical value for a one-tailed hypothesis test in which a null hypothesis is tested at the 5% level of significance based on a sample size of 25?
24. What is a Type II error?
25. When is it appropriate to use the paired difference t-test?
26. Using two independent samples, we test for a hypothesized difference between two population means. The population standard deviations are equal. The number in the first sample is 15 and the number in the second sample is 12. How many degrees of freedom are associated with the critical value?
27. What does a coefficient of correlation of 0.70 infer?
28. What is the range of values for a coefficient of correlation?
29. The Pearson product-moment correlation coefficient, r, requires that variables are
30. If we are performing a two-tailed test of whether = 50, what would be the probability of detecting a shift of the mean to 65 from the mean to 55.
Related Study Guides
FIN 571 Final Exam Questions
FINAL EXAM QUESTIONS FIN 571 1) Occurs when inaccurate information can falsely exist. A. free-rider problem B. ...read more
FIN 571 FINAL EXAM
FIN 571 FINAL EXAM Final Exam Fin 571 1) Which of the following statements is true? A. ...read more
ACC 491 Final Exam Study Guide
ACC 491 Final Exam Study Guide 1) An accrued expense can best be described as an ...read more
ACC 561 Final Exam Study Guide Managerial Accounting 80 Question Database
ACC 561 Final Exam Study Guide Managerial Accounting 80 Question Database 1. A major element in budgetary control ...read more